No changes in ERP rates or hours despite gantry changes
when MCE opens by the end of the year
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will make adjustments to the Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) cordon in the CBD when the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) opens.
2. When MCE opens by the end of the year, parts of the existing East Coast Parkway (ECP) within the city will be downgraded into an arterial road network that serves the new Downtown in Marina. In view of these changes to the road network, LTA will need to relocate and replace some of the existing ERP gantries along the Shenton Way-Chinatown cordon as well as on ECP.
3. These adjustments are needed to ensure that developments in the future Marina Downtown continue to be within the CBD and to manage traffic demand along key routes into and out of the CBD.
4. Motorists will not be unduly affected by these adjustments as there will be no changes in ERP charges or operating hours. Motorists will continue to pay the same prevailing ERP rates during operating hours when they use MCE or ECP to enter the CBD when MCE opens.
Adjustment of ECP (Changi) gantries
5. The existing gantries on ECP (Changi) before the Rochor Road exit and on the slip road into ECP (Changi) from Ophir Road will be removed. They will be replaced by gantries on MCE (eastbound), on the slip road into MCE (eastbound) from Marina Boulevard, and on ECP (Changi) before KPE.
6. Similar to today, these gantries will operate during the evening peak hours between 6pm and 8pm when MCE opens.
Adjustment of ECP (City) gantries
7. The existing gantries on ECP (City) after Fort Road and on the slip road into ECP (City) from Ophir Road will be removed. They will be replaced by gantries on MCE (westbound), on the MCE exit slip road into Central Boulevard, and on ECP (City) before the slip road into northbound KPE but after the slip road into MCE.
8. Similar to today, these gantries will operate during the morning peak hours between 7.30am and 9.30am when MCE opens.
Adjustment of Shenton Way-Chinatown ERP cordon
9. With the completion of MCE, there will be new road connections created between MCE and Central Boulevard. To ensure that the future developments in the Marina Downtown will continue to be within the CBD cordon, the existing gantries at Prince Edward Road, Marina Station Road and Maxwell Road / slip road from ECP (Changi) towards Central Boulevard will be removed. They will be replaced by gantries at Sheares Avenue, Central Boulevard and Maxwell Road.
10. Please refer to Annex A for a map of the relocated ERP gantries.
11. To facilitate the switchover when MCE opens by the end of the year, LTA will construct the replacement gantries together with the construction of MCE. The ERP adjustments will take place together with the opening of MCE.