1. With the Woodsville Interchange upgrading project moving into its final stages, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will carry out a series of traffic diversions in the next few months.
2. The first of the diversions starts from 5.30am on 4 September. The traffic junction at Woodsville will be reconfigured to allow traffic from Upper Serangoon Road and MacPherson Road to make direct right turns to the Pan-Island Expressway (Tuas).
3. Currently, motorists from Upper Serangoon Road and MacPherson Road have to make a U-turn via Whampoa North in order to get onto PIE (Tuas).
4. With these changes, motorists will no longer need to ply Whampoa North and the road will be closed permanently to facilitate the completion of road tunnels along Serangoon Road and Bendemeer Road.
5. The Woodsville Interchange upgrading project is currently in its final stages and works are on track to complete by the end of 2011.
6. For more information, please refer to Annex A for details on the changes to the traffic scheme.
7. Directional and information signs will be put up to inform and guide road users. Should motorists have any queries, they can contact the LTA hotline at 1800-CALL LTA.