As a regulator, LTA sets out a broad base of rules and guidelines that taxi operators and drivers must follow.
Taxi operators are rated using the following performance indicators.
- Taxi booking service
- Call answer rate
- Waiting time for calls to be answered
- Percentage of calls matched to taxis
- Waiting time for despatch to confirm taxi
- Passenger waiting time for a booked taxi
- First inspection passing rate
- Accident rate
- Taxi Driver’s Conduct
- Offence rate
- Call booking capability
- Centrally-controlled ‘on-call’ display
- Minimum fleet requirement