What must I comply with?
Before entering Singapore, please ensure that you have:
- valid insurance coverage for your vehicle for the duration of your vehicle’s stay in Singapore
- settled LTA fines for your vehicle (Before you enter Singapore, you can pay online via http://www.onemotoring.com.sg or https://onepay.onemotoring.com.sg)
If you are in Singapore, you can pay either online or any of the available payment channels (Click here to view the full list of fines payment channels)
- valid Goods Vehicle Permit (GVP) or Public Service Vehicle Permit (PSVP) displayed on the front windscreen of your vehicle
- an Autopass Card with sufficient value
- an In-Vehicle Unit (IU) – install a permanent IU at IU Service Centre if your vehicle needs to pass through priced roads during Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) hours
Ensure that all travellers in your vehicle are carrying valid passports. You must also not bring any prohibited and controlled items into or out of Singapore.
Do I need to pay any toll charges?
Yes. The toll charges vary, depending whether you use the Woodlands Checkpoint or Tuas Checkpoint.
Before entering Singapore, you must:
- Apply for or renew your GVP/ PSVP at:
Land Transport Authority
Customer Service Centre
10 Sin Ming Drive Singapore 575701
8am to 4.30pm (Monday - Friday)
8am to 12 noon (Saturday)
- Insurance Certificate (original and photocopy with “Certified True Copy” stamp and Authorised Signature from the Insurance company)
- Vehicle registration card (original and photocopy)
- Autopass Card (if you have been issued one previously)
- Original GVP application form * or PSVP application form (also available at LTA Customer Service Centre)
* You may wish to note that GVP for August 2014 onwards will cost S$40/month. This will take effect from 1 July 2014. GVP for August 2014 onwards that were bought before 1 July 2014 will not be affected.
- Photographs of vehicle showing the vehicle number plate, side view and back view with doors opened (for vans only)
- Update the validity date in your Autopass Card at the VEP/Toll office at:
VEP/Toll Office in Woodlands Checkpoint
VEP/Toll Office in Tuas Checkpoint
Land Transport Authority @ 10 Sin Ming Drive
What do I do at the checkpoint?
When you drive through the Checkpoint, insert your Autopass Card into the card reader installed at the immigration booths to register your vehicle's entry and exit records.
Motorists are advised to familiarise themselves with toll payments when using the checkpoints. Please note that a fine of up to S$1,000 may be imposed if toll charges are not deducted at the immigration booths.
It is an offence if you:
- drive into Singapore without an Autopass Card for your vehicle
- use an Autopass Card belonging to another foreign-registered vehicle in Singapore
- did not insert your Autopass Card into the card reader in the immigration booth upon entry and exit
- use a CashCard to register your entry/exit records or for toll/VEP payment