I want to drive a taxi. What are the requirements?
- You must be at least 30 years old;
- You must be a Singapore Citizen holding a pink NRIC;
- You must have a valid Class 3/3A Singapore driving licence for a continuous period of at least one year at the point of application; and
- You must be able to speak and read basic English.
STEP 1: Apply for a Taxi Driver’s Vocational Licence
- Download the application form or pick up a copy from:
- Submit the completed form and relevant supporting documents to LTA Vehicle Transit Licensing (VTL) Office at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701.
- A fee of S$40 must be paid upon submission of all documents.
STEP 2: Take a Medical Exam
- Upon approval of your vocational licence, you need to undergo a complete medical check-up and chest x-ray. This can be done at any clinic or at SATA.
STEP 3: Apply For Taxi Driver’s Vocational Licence Course
- You must then undergo a training course at the Singapore Taxi Academy.
- The course costs S$335, has 5 modules and takes about 95 hours to complete.
- Read more about the course details.
How do I rent a taxi?
As a taxi driver, you can rent a taxi from any one of the seven taxi operators in Singapore. The rental rates vary depending on the type of taxi and the operator. Currently, they range from S$75 to S$105 per day. You may refer to the respective taxi operators websites for their rates.