The Autopass Card* is a customised stored-value card issued to foreign-registered vehicles. It serves as an electronic vehicle entry permit and is thus non-transferable. If you buy a new vehicle, you will need to submit the old Autopass Card for refund and purchase another card for the new vehicle. It can be used to pay for:
- Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fees
- toll charges
- Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) fees on priced roads
- car park fees in car parks that accept the card
If your family owns more than one vehicle, you will need to purchase an Autopass Card for each vehicle. Please note that it is an offence to use another vehicle's Autopass Card to drive into Singapore.
* From November 2012 onwards, CEPAS Autopass Card (picture on the right) will be available for sale.
Autopass Card System Brochure (PDF)
How can i buy the autopass card
You can buy an Autopass Card at the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP)/ Toll office at Tuas Checkpoint or Woodlands Checkpoint when you drive the foreign-registered vehicle into Singapore. You will need to present:
- a completed application form
- a valid road tax disc
- a valid vehicle insurance certificate
The card costs S$10 – this includes a pre-loaded cash value of S$4 and a non-refundable card cost of S$6. Only Singapore currency is accepted for payment.
Where can I top-up or use the autopass Card?
You can top-up your Autopass Card to a maximum of S$500 only.
*Read the Autopass Card System Brochure (PDF) for directions to the booths.
How do I use the Autopass Card?
At the Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoint, please insert your Autopass Card into the card reader installed at the immigration booths to register your vehicle’s entry/ exit records and pay for VEP, toll and/ or ERP charges.
Does the Autopass Card expire?
The Autopass Card is valid for 5 years. You can check its expiry date by:
- checking receipts printed from self-service NETS top-up machines and General Ticketing Machines (for CEPAS Autopass Cards)
- visiting the Vehicle Entry Permit/ Toll office at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint
How do I view the balance of my autopass card?
You may view the card balance at iNETS kiosks and NETS self service top-up machines.
How do I print the transaction history of my Autopass Card?
You may print transaction history of your card (up to last 25 transactions) at:
- Self-service NETS Top Up Terminals
- iNETS Kiosks
- Local Bank ATMs (DBS/ POSB/ OCBC/ UOB)
A service fee may be applicable for the statement print.
How do I apply for a refund of my Autopass Card?
You can apply for a refund of your Autopass Card at the following venues:
- Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP)/Toll office at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint
- LTA office at 10 Sin Ming Drive
- Mail the required documents to LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701
You will need to submit the following:
- the original Autopass Card
- a photocopy of your passport/ NRIC of the refund applicant
- a refund application form (available at Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint/ LTA counters)
For sending via registered mail, the refund application form is available here. Please note that LTA will not be held liable for any loss and refund can only be processed upon submission of all the required documents.