1. The new Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH) will begin operations on 30 November 2014 (Sunday). With the completion of the ITH, Bedok residents will be able to transfer in air-conditioned comfort, between bus and MRT services at Bedok MRT Station. The temporary Bedok bus interchange will cease operations on the same day.
2. The 1.6 hectare interchange is one of the larger bus interchanges in Singapore with 29 bus services1 calling at the bus interchange. The new interchange is expected to benefit about 40,000 commuters daily. In addition to being linked to Bedok Mall, the interchange has 400 square meters of commercial space for the convenience of commuters.
3. The Bedok bus interchange will have 10 boarding and five alighting berths. Equipped with barrier-free facilities, the interchange will have dedicated boarding points and graduated kerb edges to facilitate easier boarding of passengers in wheelchair. It will also have better amenities for bus captains and staff such as a bigger staff lounge and kitchen facilities in the staff canteen.
4. The new Bedok ITH is Singapore’s first ITH to achieve the Building and Construction Authority’s (BCA) Green Mark Platinum Award and features energy efficient lighting for the concourse, LED lighting for the driveway and bus park area, as well as a water-cooled air-conditioning system.
5. The Bedok ITH is the seventh ITH2 where the bus interchange and MRT station are linked with adjoining commercial developments. Another three ITHs are currently under construction at Joo Koon, Bukit Panjang and Yishun in tandem with redevelopment in the respective areas. Joo Koon ITH is scheduled to be completed in 2015, Bukit Panjang ITH in 2016 and Yishun ITH in 2018.
 The 29 bus services are: 7, 9, 14, 16, 17, 18, 25, 26, 30, 30E, 32, 33, 35, 38, 40, 60, 66, 69, 87, 168, 196, 197, 222, 225, 228, 229, 401, 854 and 854E.
 The six existing ITHs are at Toa Payoh (2002), Sengkang (2003), Ang Mo Kio (2007), Boon Lay (2009), Serangoon (2011) and Clementi (2011).