Commuters travelling to the Central Business District can look forward to the opening of the new Shenton Way Bus Terminal on Sunday, 25 June 2017. The Shenton Way Bus Terminal, situated off Shenton Way next to Bestway Building and directly opposite the Monetary Authority of Singapore Building, will replace the existing bus terminal along Palmer Road.
Upgraded facilities for commuters and bus captains
2. The new bus terminal will be an upgrade from the existing bus terminal. Unlike the existing bus terminal, the new bus terminal will allow for commuter boarding activities. It will also include access features like a priority queue zone and barrier-free toilets to better cater to the needs of the elderly and less mobile. Further, to facilitate active mobility and first-and-last-mile connectivity for commuters cycling to and from the Shenton Way area, the new bus terminal will include 150 bicycle lots. It will also feature a green roof, providing additional greenery among the high-rise developments in the Shenton Way district.
3. The new Shenton Way Bus Terminal will also be equipped with enhanced facilities for bus captains and staff, including dedicated staff toilets and an air-conditioned staff lounge.
New bus lane and bus route amendments
4. From 25 June 2017, the LTA will implement a full-day bus lane along Shenton Way, outside the new Shenton Way Bus Terminal. The full-day bus lane will operate from 7.30am to 11pm on weekdays and Saturdays, except public holidays. This will enable faster and smoother journeys for bus commuters.
5. All 12 bus services operating from the existing bus terminal, i.e. Services 70, 106, 107, 128, 130, 133, 162, 186, 400, 402, 700, and 970, will continue operating from the new Shenton Way Bus Terminal. The first boarding point for outbound services will be at the new bus terminal while the final alighting point for inbound services will be the bus stop directly outside the new bus terminal, opposite the Monetary Authority of Singapore Building. In line with new access arrangements at the bus terminal, all 12 bus services will no longer call at the two bus stops along Palmer Road.These changes will be implemented from Sunday, 25 June 2017.
6. Information on the amended bus routes will be available at the affected bus stops, bus interchanges, and on buses. Commuters can look out for more information on the Shenton Way Bus Terminal on LTA’s online and social media platforms:
- Website: http://www.lta.gov.sg/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WeKeepYourWorldMoving
- Instagram: @LTAsg
- Twitter: LTAsg
SBS Transit’s online and social media platforms:
- Website: http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sbstransitltd
- Twitter: SBSTransit_Ltd
SMRT’s online and social media platforms:
- Website: http://www.smrt.com.sg/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SMRTCorpSG/
- Instagram: @smrtsingapore
- Twitter: SMRT_Singapore
And Tower Transit’s online and social media platforms:
- Website: http://www.towertransit.sg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/towertransitsg/
- Instagram: @towertransitsg
- Twitter: towertransitsg
Annex: Location Map and flyers for bus operators’ announcements of the new bus terminal and amended bus routes
 Bus stop 03211 (Bef Shenton Way) and bus stop 03219 (Aft Shenton Way). These bus stops currently serve as the first boarding point for outbound services from the existing bus terminal, and the final alighting point for inbound services to the existing bus terminal respectively.