Save the date, mark your calendar – 15 October 2017, Sunday from 10am to 6pm at the Downtown Line 3 (DTL3) Open House!
2. Besides a day of rail-ly fun-filled activities, you can look forward to a free preview of all the 16 new DTL3 stations, get familiar with the new station layouts and explore exciting new destinations surrounding the stations, before passenger service begins on 21 October 2017. Motorists can also give their cars a break, try out the new DTL3 and experience for themselves how easy it is to get to different destinations by train.
A Day of Rail Fun
3. Themed “Rail of Fun”, the Open House will offer an exhilarating line-up of games and activities for both the young and old. From celebrity performances to exciting games, and attractive prizes to be won as they explore the new rail line. Visitors can also join in the Stamp Rally game, and get a chance to redeem a DTL3 gift (while stocks last) as they explore various attractive destinations along the DTL3.
4. Feeling hungry while exploring the different stations? Take the chance to check out the array of food options near DTL3 stations! From restaurants serving international cuisine near Fort Canning Station to the hipster cafes near Jalan Besar Station, or the cheap and good eats at Circuit Road Food Centre near Mattar Station, there is a something suitable for everyone!
Meet the Thoughtful Bunch
5. Besides fun-filled activities, visitors can also meet and take photos with our five popular and beloved Thoughtful Bunch- Stand-Up Stacey, Move-In Martin, Give-Way Glenda, Bag-Down Benny and Hush-Hush Hannah. Knackstop merchandise, a collection of creative and practical keepsakes inspired by our buses and trains will also be available for sale at selected DTL3 stations during the Open House.
Learn about Singapore’s Rail System
6. For those who are interested in the history of the Singapore rail system, they will also be able to learn more about the evolution of the MRT system and exciting developments ahead, at the “30 Years of MRT” exhibition at Expo Station.
7. The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) will conduct tours of the Civil Defence (CD) shelter facilities at Bedok Reservoir and Tampines West Stations at the Open House to familiarise members of the public on MRT CD shelters and its provisions. Visitors can also pick up lifesaving skills such as how to administer the Improvised First Aid Skills (IFAS), perform Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Share your favourite DTL3 spots
8. Want to share your favourite spots along DTL3? Participate in our “DTL3 Best-Kept-Secret” Contest in early-September, by sharing your favourite unique spots along the new line. Best entries will stand to win attractive prizes! Like us at www.facebook.com/WeKeepYourWorldMoving or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @LTAsg, for the latest updates on the DTL3 Open House.
9. With the line-up of exciting activities, what are you waiting for? Save the date, leave your car at home and join us for the Open House on 15 October!
 The 16 DTL3 stations are Fort Canning, Bencoolen, Jalan Besar, Bendemeer, Geylang Bahru, Mattar, MacPherson, Ubi, Kaki Bukit, Bedok North, Bedok Reservoir, Tampines West, Tampines, Tampines East, Upper Changi and Expo.