1. MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd ('MyHSR Corp') of Malaysia and Land Transport Authority of Singapore (‘LTA’) successfully conducted a second Industry Briefing on 26 September 2017 to continue the market engagement process for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail (‘HSR’) project.
2. Similar to the first Industry Briefing, the second Industry Briefing provided further information and details on the Assets Company (‘AssetsCo’) tender, taking into account the key points arising from the first Industry Briefing and discussions with the relevant stakeholders.
3. The second Industry Briefing continues to receive strong support from industry players globally. This briefing was attended by over 200 participants from more than 110 international organisations which were envisioned to be directly participating in the AssetsCo tender, such as consortia, suppliers, financial institutions and investors. MyHSR Corp and LTA emphasised that the tender will be carried out in an open and fair manner. Every bid will be assessed on its own merits and there will not be any requirement for local partners.
4. MyHSR Corp Chief Executive Officer Dato’ Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal said, “Our first interaction with the industry was two months ago when we had the Industry Briefing in July. Since then, we have developed additional content and firmed up requirements leading to an effective AssetsCo tender. Additionally, we have successfully completed the submission of the Section 4 Land Acquisition Act and the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment studies. This reaffirms our commitment to ensure that the project runs progressively.”
5. LTA Chief Executive Mr Ngien Hoon Ping said, “We are heartened by the response from the market for this second Industry Briefing. It gives us confidence that we will receive high-quality and competitive bids for the AssetsCo tender, which we will call by the end of the year. Both Governments are committed to making this project a success.”
Annex A - Highlights from the second Industry Briefing
Annex B - Snapshot of the International Entities’ Profiles
Annex C - Photos from the second Industry Briefing
Annex D – Quotes from participants of the second Industry Briefing
About the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore HSR
The Kuala Lumpur – Singapore HSR is a strategic project between the Governments of Malaysia and Singapore that aims to facilitate seamless travel between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, enhance business linkages and bring the peoples of both countries closer together. The Governments of both countries signed a Bilateral Agreement on 13 December 2016, which captured the key points of agreement on the project, including the technical parameters, commercial model, customs, immigration and quarantine clearance, safety and security matters, regulatory structure and project management approach.
The Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR) will open with eight stations: Bandar Malaysia, Bangi - Putrajaya, Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat and Iskandar Puteri stations in Malaysia and the Jurong East station in Singapore, with operations of the Express Service between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore targeted for commencement by 31 December 2026.
About MyHSR Corp
MyHSR Corp is a company incorporated in 2015, wholly owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated. As the Government of Malaysia’s project delivery vehicle for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore HSR project, MyHSR Corp is responsible for the development and implementation of the project.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport of Singapore.
About SG HSR PTE. LTD.
SG HSR is Singapore’s Infrastructure Company for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore HSR Project, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTA. It will build, own, fund, operate and maintain the civil infrastructure in Singapore, and will also jointly appoint the Assets Company and the International Operator with MyHSR Corp, through fair, open and transparent international tenders. For more information, please visit www.sghsr.com.sg.