Calling all Approval-To-Drive Private Hire Car Drivers! Complete the PDVL Training course and pass the competency test by 30 June 2018.
I WANT TO DRIVE A PRIVATE HIRE CAR. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- You must pass LTA’s required medical examination and background checks;
- You must have a valid Class 3/3A/3C/3CA Singapore driving licence for at least a continuous period of two years at the point of application; and
- Be able to speak and read simple English.
- Singapore Permanent Residents and Foreign Work Pass holders (with “Chauffeur” as a vocation) need to be employees driving for a company or business providing chauffeured services.
- Singapore Permanent Resident applying for PDVL must submit a copy of your CPF Contribution Statement (2 Months’ Contribution) and Employment Letter at the point of application.
- Work Pass Holder applying for PDVL must submit a copy of your Certificate of Conduct and Employment Letter at the point of application.
- Taxi Driver’s Vocational Licence Holder need not apply for PDVL (Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence), if you are driving for Uber and Grab, you may approach your platform provider.
An application will also be affected by these conditions:
- An applicant who committed any serious offences such as rape, murder or kidnapping will not be considered.
- An applicant who committed less serious offences such as housebreaking and cheating may be considered after the sentence has been completed. A testimonial from the relevant authority may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
- An applicant serving supervision orders may be considered after the order is completed.
- An applicant with a suspended or disqualified driving licence may be considered after the suspension or disqualification is over.
STEP 1: Apply for a Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence
- Download the application form or pick up a copy from:
Land Transport Authority,
LTA Customer Service Centre 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701
8am to 4.30pm (Mon-Fri) or 8am to 12pm (Sat)
- Submit the completed form and relevant supporting documents to LTA Customer Service Centre at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701.
- Payment of S$40 non-refundable fee must be paid upon submission of all documents.
STEP 2: Take a Medical Exam
Upon approval of your vocational licence, you need to undergo a complete LTA’s medical and chest X-ray examinations. These can be done at any registered medical and X-ray clinic. Please note that the chest X-ray report must be signed by a radiologist while the medical examination form must be duly completed and certified by a registered medical practitioner.
STEP 3: Apply for Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence Course
- You must then undergo a training course at the Singapore Taxi Academy or ComfortDelgro Taxi.
- The course fee is: $145 (including course materials + 2 test papers). It takes about 10 hours to complete the course.
Change in employment? Update us through our email at firstname.lastname@example.org.