I WANT TO DRIVE A PRIVATE HIRE CAR. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- You must pass LTA’s required medical examination and background checks;
- You must have a valid Class 3/3A or your home country equivalent driving licence for at least a continuous period of at least 2 years prior to the PDVL application date; and
- Be able to speak and read simple English.
- Singapore Permanent Residents and Foreign Work Pass holders (with “Chauffeur” as a vocation) need to be employees driving for a company or business providing chauffeured services.
- Singapore Permanent Resident applying for PDVL must submit a copy of your CPF Contribution Statement (2 Months’ Contribution) and Employment Letter at the point of application.
- Work Pass Holder applying for PDVL must submit a copy of your Certificate of Conduct and Employment Letter at the point of application.
- Taxi Driver’s Vocational Licence Holder need not apply for Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence (PDVL).
An application will also be affected by these conditions:
- An applicant who committed any serious offences such as rape, murder or kidnapping will not be considered.
- An applicant who committed less serious offences such as housebreaking and cheating may be considered after the sentence has been completed. A testimonial from the relevant authority may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
- An applicant serving supervision orders may be considered after the order is completed.
- An applicant with a suspended or disqualified driving licence may be considered after the suspension or disqualification is over.
STEP 1: Apply for a Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence
- Submit the online application for PDVL* via LicenceOne.
- Before application, make sure you have the soft copy of the following documents:
|Singaporeans||Singapore Permanent Resident||Work Pass|
|1. NRIC||1. NRIC||1. NRIC|
|2. Driving Licence||2. Driving Licence||2. Driving Licence|
|3. Passport size photo||3. Passport size photo||3. Passport size photo|
|4. Education Certificate||4. Education Certificate||4. Education Certificate|
|5. Employment Letter (stating “Chauffeured Services Driver” as occupation)||5. Employment Letter (stating “Chauffeured Services Driver” as occupation)|
|6. Certificate of Clearance|
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is payable with Paypal/credit card/debit card.
*For applicant who is applying for multiple licences, download the application form or pick up a copy from:
Land Transport Authority, LTA Customer Service Centre
10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701
8am to 4.30pm (Mon-Fri) or 8am to 12pm (Sat)
Submit the completed form and relevant supporting documents to LTA Customer Service Centre at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701.
STEP 2: Take a Medical Exam
Upon approval of your vocational licence, you need to undergo a complete LTA’s medical and chest X-ray examinations. These can be done at any registered medical and X-ray clinic. Please note that the chest X-ray report must be signed by a radiologist while the medical examination form must be duly completed and certified by a registered medical practitioner.
STEP 3: Apply for Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence Course