1. MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd (‘MyHSR Corp’) of Malaysia and SG HSR Pte Ltd (‘SG HSR’) of Singapore successfully held a briefing for the Assets Company (‘AssetsCo’) tender earlier today in Kuala Lumpur.
2. The objective of the briefing was to provide an overview of the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail (‘KL–Singapore HSR’) project and AssetsCo tender to all registered bidders for the AssetsCo tender, which was jointly launched by MyHSR Corp and SG HSR on 20 December 2017.
3. The AssetsCo will be responsible for designing, building, financing and maintaining all rolling stock, as well as designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining all rail assets (e.g. signalling, trackwork, power and telecommunications) for the KL–Singapore HSR. The AssetsCo will also manage the system’s network for operations and maintenance needs.
4. The success of the tender briefing follows the statements from both Prime Minister Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the 8th Singapore–Malaysia Leaders’ Retreat that the AssetsCo tender is a major milestone in the collaboration between the two countries as we progress towards commencing the KL–Singapore HSR operations by 2026.
5. “We are heartened by the participation from global HSR players as well as local entities in the AssetsCo tender. This briefing is aimed to help bidders understand the requirements and our expectations of them from this mega tender. We are pleased that the design of the tender specifications was done through an iterative process between MyHSR Corp and SG HSR with potential bidders through the market engagement exercises conducted in 2017. As such, we are confident and look forward to receiving attractive proposals from bidders that will deliver the best value to both Governments,” said Dato’ Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal, Chief Executive Officer of MyHSR Corp.
6. “Today’s AssetsCo tender briefing marks another step forward for the KL–Singapore HSR project, and is testament to the strong, collaborative partnership between MyHSR Corp and SG HSR. We are committed to an open, fair and transparent AssetsCo tender, and look forward to finding the right partner, one who can meet our requirements and procurement standards, and deliver innovative solutions for this landmark project,” said Mr. Rama Venkta, SG HSR Managing Director.
7. The tender aims to identify an AssetsCo which will provide solutions that prioritise safety and security, availability and reliability, proven technology, operations flexibility, customer-centric design, value for money, and collaborative project implementation with MyHSR Corp and SG HSR. Every bid will be assessed on its own merits. MyHSR Corp and SG HSR welcome the interest of all companies, whether they are based in Malaysia, Singapore or overseas.
8. More information on the AssetsCo tender is available on the websites of MyHSR Corp (http://www.myhsr.com.my/tenders/kl-sg-hsr-project) and SG HSR (www.sghsr.com.sg/tender/upcoming).
About the Kuala Lumpur–Singapore High Speed Rail (KL–Singapore HSR)
The KL–Singapore HSR is a strategic project between the Governments of Malaysia and Singapore that aims to facilitate seamless travel between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, enhance business linkages and bring the peoples of both countries closer together. The Governments of both countries signed a Bilateral Agreement on 13 December 2016, which captured the key points of agreement on project, including the technical parameters, commercial model, customs, immigration and quarantine clearance, safety and security matters, regulatory structure and project management approach.
Eight stations are currently planned for the KL–Singapore HSR: Bandar Malaysia, Sepang-Putrajaya, Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat and Iskandar Puteri stations in Malaysia and the Jurong East station in Singapore, with operations of the Express Service between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore targeted for commencement by 2026.
About MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd
MyHSR Corp is a company incorporated in 2015, wholly owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated. As the Government of Malaysia’s project delivery vehicle for the KL–Singapore HSR project, MyHSR Corp is responsible for the development and implementation of the project. For more information, please visit www.myhsr.com.my.
About SG HSR PTE. LTD.
SG HSR is Singapore’s Infrastructure Company for the KL–Singapore HSR project, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Land Transport Authority. It will build, own, fund, operate and maintain the civil infrastructure in Singapore, and will also jointly appoint the Assets Company and the International Operator with MyHSR Corp, through fair, open and transparent international tenders. For more information, please visit www.sghsr.com.sg.