To ring in the Year of the Dog, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) in collaboration with SBS Transit and the Kreta Ayer-Kim Seng Citizen Consultative Committee (KA – KS CCC), have launched two Lunar New Year-themed trains on the North-East and North-South East-West Lines.
2. Commuters transiting at Outram Park MRT Station will also enjoy an auspiciously decorated North-East Line’s station platform.
3. In addition, this year’s festivities have been extended beyond trains to include five themed buses on Services 80, 143, 147, 166 and 174. These services ply through Chinatown and areas such as Toa Payoh, Sengkang, Jurong East and Clementi to bring the festive cheer to the heartlands.
4. From today until 2 March 2018, commuters can catch these festive themed trains, buses and station, decorated with dog motifs; peach blossoms that represents longevity; ingots to represent wealth and fortune; along with traditional Chinese couplets expressing well wishes for the New Year.
5. Themed stations, trains and buses are part of LTA’s efforts to improve the commuting experience and foster a positive commuter culture.
6. As part of the KA-KS CCC’s Lunar New Year celebrations, Adviser to Jalan Besar GRC GRO, Dr Lily Neo, took a themed train to greet commuters this evening.
7. Please find photos of the Lunar New Year-themed MRT station, trains and buses below.