- Additional lifts and escalators to serve commuters
- More space on the LRT platform
1. Train commuters living in Sengkang can expect a more comfortable commuting experience with the upgrading of Sengkang MRT and LRT stations. The enhancement works include improved barrier-free access to the station, new dual-speed escalators leading to the MRT and LRT platforms, and an additional lift for the MRT, LRT and mezzanine levels of Sengkang station. LTA will also expand the current LRT train platform to create a more spacious area for commuters.
2. These enhancement works are part of the LTA’s continued efforts to meet changing commuter needs. The upgraded Sengkang MRT Station will serve existing commuters, upcoming residential developments in the vicinity of the train station as well as the Sengkang General and Community Hospitals.
3. The tender for this contract is expected to be awarded end 2018, with works expected to be completed by 2022. To minimise inconvenience to commuters, the majority of enhancement works will be carried out during non-service hours. LTA will also ensure that a lift at Sengkang MRT Station remains operational throughout the construction period to support barrier-free journeys.
Annex: Artist’s Impression of Sengkang Station LRT platform