The Land Transport Authority (LTA) awarded the civil contract to design and construct Jurong West and Bahar Junction stations (working names) and their associated viaducts for the Jurong Region Line (JRL) to China Railway 11 Bureau Group (Singapore Branch), at a total contract value of $210.1million.
Scope of Contract
Design and Construction of two stations with viaducts awarded to China Railway 11 Bureau Group (Singapore Branch)
2. The contract covers the design and construction of Jurong West and Bahar Junction stations, with 1.15 km of viaducts along Jurong West Avenue 2 and Avenue 4, as well as along Jurong West Street 64 and Street 75.
3. Jurong West Station (JS6) is located along Jurong West Avenue 2 and adjacent to Jurong West Street 23. It will feature a single island platform serving trains for both the Choa Chu Kang-bound and Jurong Pier-bound directions.
4. Bahar Junction Station (JS7) will feature two platforms connected by a 100-metre covered link bridge equipped with travellators. One platform will serve trains heading to Choa Chu Kang and Jurong Pier while the other platform will serve trains heading to Peng Kang Hill (working name).
5. China Railway 11 Bureau Group Corporation (Singapore Branch) is an established and experienced construction company that has completed various rail-related projects worldwide. In Singapore, China Railway 11 Bureau Group Corporation has completed several major infrastructure projects including three MRT stations (namely Tuas Link, Tuas West Road and Tuas Crescent stations) and their associated railway viaducts – on the East-West Line’s Tuas West Extension. The company also constructed Singapore’s first integrated Rail and Road Viaduct as part of the Tuas West Extension Project.
6. Construction works for these stations are expected to start in 2020 and are slated for completion in 2026.