The Yishun Integrated Transport Hub (ITH), Singapore’s 10th ITH, will open on Sunday, 8 September 2019. With its opening, commuters in the area can look forward to direct connectivity and convenient transfers between the new air-conditioned bus interchange, Yishun MRT Station and Northpoint City.
Commuter-Friendly and Inclusive Facilities
2. As part of government’s efforts to create a more caring and inclusive public transport system, Yishun ITH is fully barrier-free. It has dedicated boarding points at each berth and graduated kerb edges to facilitate boarding by passengers in wheelchairs. There are also barrier-free alighting areas, priority queue zones with seats, a nursing room and barrier-free toilets to cater to the needs of the elderly, less mobile and families with young children. The Public Transport Council has also set up Heart Zones – the first within an ITH – for commuters who require assistance to indicate their needs to others. A room is also set aside for special needs commuters who need access to a quiet and calming space.
3. To facilitate active mobility and first-and-last-mile connectivity, there are close to 600 bicycle parking lots in the vicinity of the bus interchange. The bus interchange is connected to Yishun MRT Station via a new barrier-free underpass. For added convenience, Yishun ITH is integrated with Northpoint City.
4. Besides commuter facilities, Yishun ITH also comes with upgraded facilities for bus captains and other staff, including an air-conditioned staff canteen, dedicated staff toilets and lounge. To improve safety, the bus interchange is equipped with a reverse warning system to detect movement of buses from parking lots into the driveway.
5. Yishun ITH will be managed by SMRT Buses Limited, which plans to introduce an interactive and open-concept passenger services counter where passengers can obtain information about the ITH and its bus services.
Bus Routes Adjustments
6. From 8 September 2019, the stopping points of all the bus services that currently operate from the temporary Yishun Bus Interchange will be adjusted when they begin operations from the new ITH. For further details of the route changes, please refer to the respective posters in the annex.
7. Information on the adjusted bus services will be available at all affected bus stops, bus interchanges, on buses, online at LTA’s website https://www.lta.gov.sg and SMRT’s website https://www.smrt.com.sg. Separately, commuters can also approach SMRT staff at Yishun ITH and selected bus stops for assistance.
Annex: Yishun ITH Location Map