Singapore’s 11th integrated transport hub (ITH), Woodlands ITH, will open on Sunday, 13 June 2021.
2. Due to its close proximity to Woodlands North-South Line (NSL) and Woodlands Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL) MRT Stations, as well as Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange, it will provide commuters with more convenient transfers to these key transport nodes.
3. Woodlands ITH is the largest ITH since the first ITH was built in Toa Payoh in 2002. Woodlands ITH has incorporated inclusive facilities, such as barrier-free boarding and alighting areas, as well as graduated kerb edges to make boarding and alighting easier for passengers in wheelchairs and parents with strollers. There are also barrier-free toilets, priority queue zones with seats, and a nursing room to cater to the needs of the less mobile, elderly and families with young children. A commuter care room is also set aside for special needs commuters who need access to a quiet and calming space.
4. Besides commuter facilities, Woodlands ITH also comes with upgraded amenities for transport workers including bus captains. These include an air-conditioned staff canteen, dedicated staff toilets, a cleaners’ room and a staff lounge. The bus interchange is also equipped with a reverse warning system to enhance safety by alerting bus captains through blinker lights when other buses are reversing within a parking area.
5. Woodlands ITH will be managed by SMRT Buses Limited.
Bus Route Amendments
6. From 13 June 2021, 25 out of the 29 bus services that currently operate from Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange will operate from the new Woodlands ITH. The remaining four services - 925/925M, 950, 961/961M and 965 - will continue to operate from Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange which is just next to Woodlands ITH. There is no change to the stopping points of any of the bus services. Please refer to the poster in the annex for further details.
7. Information on bus service adjustments will be available at all relevant bus stops, bus interchanges, on buses, as well as on the websites of LTA and SMRT. Commuters may also approach SMRT staff for assistance.
8. We seek commuters’ understanding that our bus operator(s) may require some time to familiarise themselves with the new ITH. LTA will monitor the situation closely and make any necessary adjustments to ensure smooth operations.