Tampines North Bus Interchange to Open on 27 November 2022
Tampines residents can look forward to improved bus connectivity and a more pleasant commuting experience with the opening of a new bus interchange next month. The Tampines North Bus Interchange (BI), which is located along Tampines Street 62, will open on Sunday, 27 November 2022. Tampines North BI will be managed by SBS Transit.
Commuter-Friendly and Inclusive Facilities
2. In line with LTA’s efforts to create a more family-friendly and inclusive public transport system, Tampines North BI is designed to be more accessible and conducive for parents with young children as well as seniors and commuters with mobility challenges, with barrier-free access at all the entrances and dedicated priority queue zones with seats at each boarding berth. Toilets have also been designed to be wheelchair-accessible. In addition, there is an accessible changing room and a separate baby care room for parents, along with a commuter care room for those with sensory needs who might need a quiet and calming space. These facilities are all equipped with auto-sliding doors that are operated by touchless sensors.
3. Besides enhanced commuter facilities, Tampines North BI will also have staff amenities such as dedicated staff toilets, a cleaner’s room and a staff lounge.
4. To improve safety, the bus interchange is equipped with a reverse warning system to detect movement of buses from the parking lots to the driveway.
Bus Route Adjustments
5. With the opening of Tampines North BI, adjustments will be made to some bus routes. From 27 November 2022, Services 18 and 129 will be extended to operate from Tampines North BI and will no longer call at Tampines Concourse BI. Service 18 will be amended to serve Tampines Avenue 9, Tampines North Drive 1 and Tampines Avenue 6 while Service 129 will serve Tampines Concourse, Tampines Avenue 9, Tampines Avenue 12 and Tampines North Drive 2. In addition, Service 18 within Bedok will be amended to ply Bedok North Avenue 4.
6. To tie in with readiness of bus stops along Tampines St 62, Service 298 will be extended to operate from Tampines North BI at a later date. For further details on the new and skipped bus stops, please refer to the posters in the Annex.
8. We seek commuters’ understanding that our bus operators may require some time to familiarise themselves with the operations of the new BI. LTA will monitor the situation closely and make necessary adjustments to ensure smooth operations.
Annex: Bus route amendment poster and visuals of Tampines North BI
 Commuters along Bedok North Avenue 4 will be provided with direct connectivity to Bedok Reservoir MRT station via the amended Service 18