Additional Resources to Meet Surge in Cross Border Travel Demand
Since the re-opening of the land borders on 1 April 2022, LTA has seen a surge in VEP applications. To date, we have received around 120,000 VEP applications.
2. Due to the high volume of Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) applications for cross border travel, LTA has further ramped up resources to handle the demand. With the additional resourcing, VEP processing time is expected to be progressively reduced from 7 weeks to 3 weeks. Applicants will be notified of the expected processing time at the point of application.
3. Since applications opened on 31 March 2022, about 50,000 applicants (or about 40% of total applications) have received the outcomes of their applications ahead of the stated processing time at the point of application. The remaining applicants can expect to have their applications processed within 3 weeks.
4. Travellers are advised to plan ahead. Meanwhile, leisure travellers are strongly encouraged to defer their plans to allow those with essential travel needs to make their trips.
5. Application of the VEP must be done online via VEP Digital Services on LTA's OneMotoring website. Applications will no longer be accepted at Singapore’s land checkpoints to facilitate traffic flow. When applying for the VEP, applicants should also ensure they have clear copies of all required documents below:
a. Identity Card or Passport
b. Immigration Pass Card (e.g. Work Permit- front and reverse sides)
c. Vehicle Registration Certificate (geran, VOC, “Perakuan Pendaftaran Kenderaan” in Malay Language) (front and reverse sides)
d. Vehicle Certificate of Insurance (COI, “Sijil Insurans” in Malay language)
e. Vehicle Road Tax Disc (required for update of road tax and insurance validity for VEP applications)
6. Drivers of foreign-registered vehicles must have LTA’s VEP approval email and valid Autopass card before they travel. Those without Autopass cards must refer to LTA’s VEP approval email for instructions to collect their Autopass cards at LTA’s Johor Bahru Service Centre (34, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak Susur 1, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor) before entering Singapore.