The Land Transport Authority (LTA), SBS Transit and SMRT Trains will carry out Exercise Station Guard – an emergency preparedness exercise, on 6 June 2022 (Mon), from 10.00am to 4.00pm at Bugis MRT stations (East-West Line and Downtown Line).
2. During the Exercise, commuters entering the station and heading to the East-West Line platform will be directed towards the fare gates near Exits B and C, while commuters heading to the Downtown Line platform will be directed to the fare gates near Exits E and F.
3. Commuters are advised to factor in additional travelling time for the security screening during this period as some may be asked to go through metal detector checks and have their belongings scanned by X-ray machines. Those with bulky items may require more time for security checks.
4. In line with the current requirement when commuting on public transport, commuters should keep their masks on while going through the security screening.
About Exercise Station Guard
5. Exercise Station Guard aims to strengthen security in public places and is part of the national SGSecure movement to build resilience in the community against security threats, particularly from terror attacks. Beyond ensuring operational readiness, Exercise Station Guard also serves to raise public awareness of the security threats which Singapore faces and familiarise commuters with how they should respond in the event of an emergency on the public transport network.
6. LTA, together with our public transport operators, have been conducting Exercise Station Guard on a regular basis since February 2018 to validate our security measures, contingency plans and operational readiness at public transport nodes in the case of heightened security situations. Such exercises are complemented by our public education efforts such as our ongoing “See Something, Say Something” campaign to encourage commuters to play their part by reporting suspicious items, persons, and activities they come across in our public transport network.