LTA is committed to the highest standards of fairness, openness, transparency and accountability. Our Whistle-Blowing Policy provides a channel to report any suspected fraudulent activities, improper conduct or wrongful acts.
What to Report
These are some examples of fraudulent activities, improper conduct or wrongful acts:
- Theft, forgery or alteration of any document or account belonging to LTA
- Impropriety in the handling or reporting of money or financial transactions
- Profiteering as a result of insider knowledge of LTA’s activities
- Use of one’s position or authority for personal gain
- Disclosure of confidential and/or sensitive information to unauthorised persons or external parties
- Accessing personal records for purposes of committing identity theft
- Engaging in business transactions with an undisclosed conflict of interest
- Borrowing of monies from, or putting oneself under a financial obligation to, others under his official authority or with whom he has official dealings
- Misrepresentation or concealment of material facts
Making a Report
We encourage our employees and third parties working with us (e.g. contractors, consultants, suppliers and partners) to report any concerns by lodging a report to email@example.com.
The more complete the information provided, the more thoroughly we can investigate your report. We might also need to seek more information from you, so we hope you can identify yourself and provide your contact details. It would be helpful to include the following information in your report:
- Identity and particulars of parties involved
- Date, time and nature of incident(s)
- Detailed description of the incident(s) e.g. what and where it happened
- Evidence substantiating the allegations, if available
- Any other relevant information concerning the allegations
- Your name, preferred contact details and whether you have a personal interest in the case reported (to facilitate follow-up clarifications)
If you have provided your contact details, we may contact you for more information. We welcome any evidence you provide. However, do not carry out your own investigation, and do not obtain any evidence you do not have a right to access.
ATTENTION: To report urgent safety-related traffic and infrastructure maintenance matters, please do not use the whistle-blowing channel but call 1800 2255 582 instead. For safety hazards or unsafe practices at worksites, please call the contact numbers on the project information board at the site.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your identity and information confidential, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Your identity will not be revealed, and the investigation results will not be shared with anyone other than those who have a legitimate need to know.
We will endeavour to inform you should a referral be made to an external authority. A referral may be made without your knowledge, if appropriate or required by law.
This policy is meant to protect whistle-blowers who act in good faith. The making of false, baseless, frivolous, malicious or reckless reports is prohibited. Should we find that the whistle-blower acted in such a manner, the whistle-blower may be reported to the relevant authorities and face legal consequences.