All public buses in Singapore will eventually don a lush green livery, creating a unified and distinctive identity for our buses. The colour was voted by the public in a closely-tied vote in 2016.
As part of the Government Bus Contracting Model, LTA is responsible to procure the buses and provide oversight on the operations and maintenance of all bus assets.
In upgrading the public bus fleet, LTA runs trials to test new technologies and features to improve the commuter experience, enhance safety and facilitate passenger flow.
Several new features to look out for on the public bus fleet include:
- Cleaner emission Euro 6 diesel buses
- Cleaner technology buses such as Diesel Hybrid Buses and Electric Buses (coming soon)
- Passenger Information Display System
- Tip-up seats, designated wheelchair spaces and stroller restraints
- USB ports for charging of electronic devices