New Nicoll Underpass from sims way to nicoll highway
From 2 April 2017, 6am, motorists can use the new two-lane Nicoll underpass at the junction of Nicoll Highway and Sims Way to enjoy direct connection from KPE and Sims Way to Nicoll Highway or Stadium Drive.
The new underpass will help to smoothen traffic flow at the KPE exit and Sims Way when connecting to Nicoll Highway.
Do take note of some changes to existing routes:
- The existing access along Nicoll Highway (city bound) to Stadium Drive will be closed.
- The right turn from Sims Way to Nicoll Highway at the traffic junction will be removed.
We’ve put together short videos to help you navigate around the new roads better. Click on the titles below to watch them on our YouTube Channel.
- Video 1 - Travel Route from KPE to Stadium Drive and Nicoll Highway
- Video 2 - Travel Route from Sims Way to Stadium Drive and Nicoll Highway
- Video 3 - Travel Route from Guillemard Road to Stadium Drive
- Video 4 - Travel Route from Mountbatten Road/Old Airport Road to Stadium
What are the road improvements in Kallang area?
Since 2014, LTA has completed road improvement projects in the Kallang area to enhance overall road connectivity and capacity to support developments such as the Kallang Riverside development, the Singapore Sports Hub and redevelopment of Kallang Industrial Estate.
To improve vehicular flow, stretches of Kallang Road, Sims Avenue, Geylang Road, Sims Way, Mountbatten Road, Fort Road and seven traffic junctions in the Kallang area have been widened.