Decide whether you want to register the motorcycle or scooter yourself or get your dealer to register it through LTA's e-Service on your behalf.
You can register the motorcycle or scooter yourself at LTA Customer Service Centre at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701. (By appointment only. Please send an email to email@example.com to make an appointment). An administrative fee of S$25 (before GST) will be charged for each vehicle registered at the Customer Service Centre.
STEP 1: Obtain the following:
- Inward Cargo Clearance Permit (CCP)
- Vehicle Approval Code (VAC)
- Certificate of Entitlement (COE) in the appropriate vehicle quota category
- Motor insurance covering at least third-party liability for death and bodily injury arising out of the use of the motorcycle or scooter.
If you wish, bid for a motorcycle or scooter registration number. You can also retain a registration number from your existing motorcycle or scooter for use on your new motorcycle or scooter.
See the Singapore Customs website for more information on customs clearance, valuation of imported vehicles and CCP.
- How to Obtain a VAC
- Bid for a COE to Register a New Vehicle at ONE.MOTORING
- See Retain Vehicle Registration Number at ONE.MOTORING
- See How to Bid Vehicle Number at ONE.MOTORING
- See COE Open Bidding Demonstration Kit & User Guide
STEP 2: Make an appointment to submit the following documents to LTA Customer Service Centre, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701:
- Completed Application for Registration and Licensing of a Motor Vehicle form (Form R01)
- Notice of successful COE bid (issued by LTA as a Temporary COE)
- Identification documents:
- Original NRIC [for Singaporean/ Singapore Permanent Resident (PR)]; or
- Original Employment/ Immigration Pass Card bearing Foreign Identification Number (FIN) issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)/ Immigration & Checkpoint Authority of Singapore (ICA) (for foreigner)
- Original profile printout from the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA), which is valid up to 14 days from the date of issue
- Original NRIC (for Singaporean/ Singapore PR) or original Employment/ Immigration Pass Card bearing FIN issued by the MOM/ ICA (for foreigner) of the authorised person from the company/ business/ LLP/ LP
- Original authorisation letter signed by at least a manager or above if the authorised person is not listed in the ACRA printout
- Original profile/ certificate printout from the Registry of Societies or other certificate issued by the relevant regulating authority
- Original NRIC (for Singaporean/ Singapore PR) or original Employment/ Immigration Pass Card bearing FIN issued by the MOM/ ICA (for foreigner) of the authorised person from the club/ association/ organisation
If the motorcycle or scooter is registered under an individual:
If the motorcycle or scooter is registered under a company/ business/ limited liability partnership (LLP)/ limited partnership (LP):
If the motorcycle or scooter is registered under a club/ association/ organisation:
- Original insurance cover note or certificate of insurance
- Notice of PARF benefit/ COE rebate (if any)
- Notice of successful bid/ retained Vehicle Registration Number (if any)
- Notice of approval with VAC
- Approval letter (if any) from the relevant authorities, if the motorcycle or scooter is to be registered under special scheme
- Sales agreement between motor dealer and you (if applicable)
- Valid CCP
- Original manufacturer’s invoice
STEP 3: Pay the following fees in cash, cashier's order or NETS:
- Processing fee of S$25 (before GST)
- Appropriate Quota Premium for the COE
- Registration fee of S$220
- Additional Registration Fee (ARF)1, which is calculated as follows:
Total ARF payable is (S$750 + S$2,500 + S$2,000) = S$5,250
1For motorcycles registered with COEs obtained from the second tender exercise in February 2017 and onwards.
STEP 4: Collect the following from LTA Customer Service Centre, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701:
- Registration notification letter
- Official receipt
- Paper day licences (for motorcycle or scooter registered under the Classic Vehicle Scheme)
STEP 5: If the motorcycle or scooter is registered under the Classic Vehicle Scheme/ Revised Vintage Vehicle Scheme/ Pulau Ubin Scheme, have the registration number plates sealed at any LTA-authorised inspection centre within 7 calendar days after registration.