HOW TO BOOK A TAXI
You may call the hotlines of the following taxi companies:
Alternatively, you may wish to book a taxi from any of the taxi companies by calling LTA’s common taxi booking number, 6-DIAL CAB (6342 5222). The call will first be routed to one selected taxi company's call centre. If the call centre's lines are busy, the call will automatically be re-routed to another taxi company's call centre. The call will be terminated only after three unsuccessful attempts to route the call.
Call Booking Fee
A call booking fee is applicable and the charges vary for the different taxi companies:
|Current call booking rates||Comfort / CityCab||TransCab||SMRT||Premier||Prime||HDT|
6am to 9:30am Mon-Fri
(excluding Public Holidays) &
6pm to midnight
Mon-Sun & Public Holidays
|All other times||S$2.30||S$2.30||S$2.30||S$2.50||S$2.50||
Note: ERP rates, peak hour rates and location surcharges may apply.
Useful Booking Tips
Reach the pick-up location as soon as the booking has been made. The taxi driver may not be able to wait for you if he is not able to locate you.
If you miss your booked taxi, please contact the operator again to arrange for another taxi.
Taxi Location Codes
All public taxi stands/stops are labelled with a unique location code indicated on the taxi signage to enable commuters to inform the taxi companies of their precise pick-up location if they require to call book for a taxi.
Use a Mobile App
GET A TAXI BY:
- hailing one along the road;
- queuing at a taxi stand;
- making a telephone booking; or
- using a mobile application
A taxi facility is easily recognised by the following signs:
Pick-up and drop off areas
TAXIS IN CBD
Taxis can pick-up/drop-off passengers along all roads within the CBD with the exception of:
- Roads with bus lanes during bus lane operation hours
Taxis are not allowed to pick-up/drop-off passsengers along any parts of these roads.
Read more about the bus lane schemes and bus lane operation hours
- Selected roads during bus lane operation hours
Find out where these roads are
Pasengers can hail a taxi or alight from one at taxi stands/stops and driveways of buildings.
Useful Tips For Taxi Passengers
Do you know that taxi drivers are
- Ask for your preferred route. If you do not have one, the taxi driver is required to send you to your destination by the shortest route.
- Charge the fare according to the taximeter, including applicable surcharges, e.g. Central Business District surcharge, location surcharge (like trips starting from Changi International Airport), and standard booking fee.
- Issue a fare receipt upon request.
- Start the taximeter only when you have boarded the taxi and confirmed the hiring.
- Pick-up or alight passengers at taxi stands/taxi stops or at the driveways of about 220 buildings in the Central Business District (CBD) from 7.30am to 8pm daily, except Sundays and public holidays. This CBD Taxi Rule is implemented to safeguard passengers, taxi drivers and other road users’ safety.
- Display his identification document and the taxi registration number prominently in the taxi.
- Charge limousine taxi service charges at a flat rate, only if the taxi is hired from a limousine counter authorised by the taxi company or through call booking made through the taxi company.
Not Allowed To:
- Refuse to convey passengers without valid reason, when the taxi rooftop is displaying the “Taxi” sign. Taxi drivers must display the appropriate sign at the taxi rooftop, such as “Busy” or “Changing Shift” if he is not able to pick up passengers.
- Terminate the hiring of a taxi or require passengers to leave the taxi, without valid reason, before the passengers are conveyed to the destination.
- Overcharge passengers or solicit for passengers.
- Verbally insult, intimidate or harass passengers.