Decide whether you want to register the car yourself or get your dealer to register it through LTA’s e-Service on your behalf.
You can register the car yourself at LTA Customer Service Centre, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701 (By appointment only. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment). An administrative fee of S$25 (before GST) will be charged for each vehicle registered at the Customer Service Centre.
STEP 1: Obtain the following:
- Inward Cargo Clearance Permit (CCP)
- Vehicle Approval Code (VAC)
- Certificate of Entitlement (COE) in the appropriate vehicle quota category
- Motor insurance covering at least third-party liability for death and bodily injury arising out of the use of the car.
If you wish, bid for a car registration number. You can also retain the registration number from your existing car for your new car.
See the Singapore Customs website for more information on customs clearance, valuation of imported vehicles and CCP.
- How to Obtain a VAC
- Bid for a COE to Register a New Vehicle at ONE.MOTORING
- See Retain Vehicle Registration Number at ONE.MOTORING
- See How to Bid Vehicle Number at ONE.MOTORING
- See COE Open Bidding Demonstration Kit & User Guide
STEP 2: Make an appointment to submit the following documents to LTA Customer Service Centre, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701:
- completed Application for Registration and Licensing of a Motor Vehicle form (Form R01) if you are registering your car under the Normal Scheme or Application for Registration and Licensing of an Off-Peak Car (Form R01A) if you are registering your car under the Revised Off-Peak Car Scheme.
- notice of successful COE bid (issued by LTA as a Temporary COE)
- identification documents:
- original NRIC [for Singaporean/ Singapore Permanent Resident (PR)]; or
- original Employment/ Immigration Pass Card bearing Foreign Identification Number (FIN) issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)/ Immigration & Checkpoint Authority of Singapore (ICA) (for foreigner)
If the car is registered under a company/ business/ limited liability partnership (LLP)/ limited partnership(LP):
- original profile printout from the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA), which is valid up to 14 days from the date of issue
- original NRIC (for Singaporean/ Singapore PR) or original Employment/ Immigration Pass Card bearing FIN issued by the MOM/ ICA (for foreigner) of the authorised person from the company/ business/ LLP/ LP
- original authorisation letter signed by at least a manager or above if the authorised person is not listed in the ACRA printout
- original profile/ certificate printout from the Registry of Societies or other certificate issued by the relevant regulating authority
- original NRIC (for Singaporean/ Singapore PR) or original Employment/ Immigration Pass Card bearing FIN issued by the MOM/ ICA (for foreigner) of the authorised person from the club/ association/ organisation.
If the car is registered under an individual:
If the car is registered under a club/ association/ organisation:
- original insurance cover note or certificate of insurance
- notice of PARF benefit/ COE rebate (if any)
- notice of successful bid/ retained Vehicle Registration Number (if any)
- notice of approval with VAC
- approval letter (if any) from the relevant authorities, if the car is to be registered under special scheme
- sales agreement between motor dealer and you (if applicable)
- valid CCP
- original manufacturer’s invoice
STEP 3: Pay the following fees in cash, cashier's order or NETS:
- processing fee of S$25 (before GST)
- appropriate Quota Premium for the COE
- registration fee of S$220
- Additional Registration Fee (ARF)1, which is calculated as follows:
- Road Tax (See Road Tax Calculator at ONE.MOTORING)
- Special Tax if you are registering a diesel-driven car
- a surcharge of S$10,000 if you’re registering a used imported car
- applicable CEVS and VES (from 1 January 2018) surcharge (See Tax Structure for Cars)
|Vehicle OMV||ARF Rate|
(i.e. S$20,001 to S$50,000)
The ARF payable for a vehicle with an OMV of S$75,000 will be calculated as follows:
|ARF Rate||ARF Payable|
|First S$20,000||100%||100% x S$20,000 = S$20,000|
|Next S$30,000||140%||140% x S$30,000 = S$42,000|
|Above S$50,000||180%||180% x S$25,000 = S$45,000|
Total ARF payable is (S$20,000 + S$42,000 + S$45,000) = S$107,000
1For cars registered with COEs obtained from March 2013 tender exercises and onwards.
STEP 4: Collect the following documents from LTA Customer Service Centre, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701 upon registration:
- registration notification letter
- official receipt
- paper day licences (for car registered under the Classic Vehicle Scheme)
STEP 5: If the car is registered under the revised Off-Peak Car Scheme/ Classic Vehicle Scheme/ Revised Vintage Vehicle Scheme/ Pulau Ubin Scheme, have the registration number plates sealed at any LTA-authorised inspection centre within 7 calendar days after registration.
For more info, see Procedures on Importation and Registration of a Car in Singapore.