I want to drive a taxi. What are the requirements?
- You must be at least 30 years old;
- You must be a Singapore Citizen holding a pink NRIC;
- You must have a valid Class 3/3A Singapore driving licence for a continuous period of at least one year at the point of application; and
- You must be able to speak and read basic English.
STEP 1: Apply for a Taxi Driver’s Vocational Licence (TDVL)
- Submit the online application for TDVL* via LicenceOne.
- Before application, make sure you have the soft copy of following documents:
|2. Driving Licence|
|3. Passport size photo|
|4. Education Certificate|
- A non-refundable application fee of $40 is payable with Paypal/credit card/debit card.
*For applicant who is applying for multiple licences, download the application form or pick up a copy from:
- The LTA Information Counter
10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701
8am to 4.30pm (Mon-Fri) or 8am to 12pm (Sat)
- CityCab Pte Ltd or Comfort Transportation Pte Ltd
- SMRT Taxis Pte Ltd
- Submit the completed form and relevant supporting documents to LTA Vehicle Transit Licensing (VTL) Office at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701. A fee of S$40 must be paid upon submission of all documents.
- You must then undergo a training course at the Singapore Taxi Academy or ComfortDelgro Taxi.
- The course costs $275 (including course materials), has 3 papers and takes about 25 hours to complete.