Singapore’s limited land supply and increasing vehicle ownership poses a stiff challenge to our urban quality of life.
To maintain a healthy road network, we've designed a Vehicle Quota System (VQS) to limit the growth of our vehicle population.
- Prior to 2009, the growth rate was 3% per annum.
- From 2009, the growth rate was 1.5% per annum.
- From August 2012, the growth rate was 1% per annum.
- From February 2013 to January 2015, the growth rate was 0.5% per annum.
- From February 2015 to January 2018, the growth rate is set at 0.25% per annum.
We have also been reviewing and enhancing the VQS to meet the expectations of our motorists.