1. As part of the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), four new bus services – Services 47, 117, 118 and 979 – will be launched in December 2015. Service 983, currently serving Choa Chu Kang residents, will also be extended to Bukit Panjang from 27 December 2015.
2. In tandem with the introduction of new BSEP services, a new bus terminal1 at Changi Business Park will begin operations on 20 December 2015 to serve the Changi South area.
3. The details of the services are:
Starting from Sunday, 20 December 2015
• Service 47: Changi Business Park Bus Terminal to Marine Parade Road (loop) via Bedok South
• Service 117: Punggol Bus Interchange to Sembawang Bus Interchange via Seletar Aerospace Park and Yishun
• Service 118: Punggol Bus Interchange to Changi Business Park Bus Terminal via Tampines
Starting from Sunday, 27 December 2015
• Service 979: Bukit Panjang to Choa Chu Kang Crescent (loop)
• Extension of Service 983 from Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 to Bukit Panjang Road (loop)
4. New Service 47 will be introduced to improve connectivity between the Changi Business Park and Marine Parade. Operated by SBS Transit, this new service will enhance connectivity to Tanah Merah MRT Station and key amenities such as Parkway Parade, Katong Shopping Centre and Changi City Point. It will also provide connectivity to schools such as Victoria School and Temasek Junior College, as well as link residents from Marine Parade and Bedok South to the Changi Business Park.
5. The service will ply Changi Business Park Central 2, Changi South Avenue 2, Changi South Avenue 1, Xilin Avenue, Upper Changi Road East, New Upper Changi Road, Bedok South Avenue 3, Bedok South Road, Bedok South Avenue 1, Marine Parade Road, Amber Road Mountbatten Road and East Coast Road before looping back to Marine Parade Road via Still Road South. It will ply Changi Business Park Central 1 in the return direction towards Changi Business Park Bus Terminal.
6. Service 47 will operate from 6.00 am to 11.45 pm daily.
7. Connectivity will be enhanced between Punggol, Seletar Aerospace Park, Yishun and Sembawang with the introduction of Service 117. The service, which will be operated by SBS Transit, will serve residents from the expanding Punggol West, Yishun South and the Canberra neighbourhood in Sembawang. It will also provide a direct link to the Seletar Aerospace Park.
8. Service 117 will operate from Punggol Bus Interchange and ply Punggol Central, Punggol Way, Tampines Expressway (TPE), Jalan Kayu, Piccadilly, Seletar Aerospace Drive, Seletar West Link, Yishun Avenue 1, Yishun Avenue 2, Canberra Link, Sembawang Way and Sembawang Drive to Sembawang Bus Interchange.
9. The new service will operate from 5.45 am to 11.30 pm daily.
10. Residents of Punggol and Tampines can also look forward to Service 118 to Changi Business Park. The service will be operated by SBS Transit and serve upcoming housing developments in Punggol West and Tampines West, such as Matilda Portico and Tampines Greenlace, by connecting them to key transport nodes such as Punggol Bus Interchange and MRT Station, and the upcoming Downtown Line 3 Tampines West Station.
11. The service will also enhance connectivity to amenities such as Changi General Hospital and Tampines Retail Park, and schools such as Temasek Polytechnic and ITE College East. In addition, Punggol West residents can take Service 118 to the bus stops along the slip road of TPE at Punggol Road to connect to other bus services to destinations such as Bedok and Changi Airport.
12. Service 118 will operate from Punggol Bus Interchange and ply Punggol Central, Punggol Way, Tampines Expressway (TPE), Tampines Avenue 10, Avenue 5, Avenue 8, Avenue 1, Simei Avenue, Xilin Avenue, Changi South Avenue 1, Changi South Avenue 2, Changi Business Park Central 1 and Changi Business Park Central 2 to Changi Business Park Bus Terminal.
13. Service 118 will operate from 5.45 am to 11.30 pm daily.
14. A new loop service, Service 979, will be introduced in tandem with the opening of Downtown Line 2 (DTL2). To be operated by SMRT, the service will ply between Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang Crescent, enhancing connectivity between Yew Tee Estate and Bukit Panjang Town. Residents can also access DTL2 at Bukit Panjang MRT Station for onward travel to destinations such as Beauty World, Little India and Bugis.
15. The service will also connect residents to amenities such as Bukit Panjang Plaza, Junction 10 and Yew Tee Point, as well as improving connectivity to schools such as West View Primary and De La Salle School.
16. Service 979 will operate from Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park and ply Upper Bukit Timah Road, Petir Road, Jelebu Road, Bukit Panjang Road, Woodlands Road, Kranji Expressway (KJE), Choa Chu Kang Drive, Choa Chu Kang North 5, Choa Chu Kang Street 52, Choa Chu Kang Drive, Choa Chu Kang North 7 and Choa Chu Kang Crescent, before looping back to Choa Chu Kang Drive via Choa Chu Kang North 7. When widening and modification works at the junction of Woodlands Road with Stagmont Ring is completed, Service 979 will be amended to ply Stagmont Ring instead of KJE, thereby increasing coverage along Choa Chu Kang North 5.
17. Service 979 will operate from 5.45 am to 11.45 pm daily.
18. SMRT Service 983, which currently operates from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and loops at Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5, will be extended to Bukit Panjang. The extension will provide connections to new housing developments such as Keat Hong Close, Keat Hong Pride, Keat Hong Axis, Keat Hong Colours, Keat Hong Quad and Keat Hong Mirage. It will also provide residents of Choa Chu Kang with a direct link to Bukit Panjang MRT Station.
19. The extended route will ply Choa Chu Kang Avenue 6, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 7, Choa Chu Kang Grove, Choa Chu Kang Road, Upper Bukit Timah Road, Petir Road, Jelebu Road and loop at Bukit Panjang Road.
20. Service 983 will continue to operate from 5.45 am to 11.45 pm daily.
Annex A: Posters for BSEP routes launched/extended in December 2015
1 Located along Changi South Avenue 1, the new Changi Business Park Bus Terminal will serve two new bus services (Service 47 and 118). It will be equipped with barrier-free facilities to facilitate boarding of passengers in wheelchair.