Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH), Singapore’s 9th ITH, will open on Monday, 4 September 2017. With the opening, commuters can look forward to improvements such as seamless transfers between the new air-conditioned bus interchange and the Bukit Panjang MRT and LRT stations. The new ITH is fully integrated with Hillion Mall, providing commuters with additional convenience.
2. As part of LTA’s efforts to create a more inclusive public transport system, the Bukit Panjang ITH is fully equipped with barrier-free facilities. It has dedicated boarding points at each berth and graduated kerb edges to facilitate boarding of buses by passengers in wheelchairs. There are also barrier-free alighting areas, toilets, and priority queues with seats for the elderly and the less mobile at the concourse. The ITH also features a nursing room with diaper changing amenities to make it more convenient for parents and caregivers travelling with infants or young children.
3. To facilitate first-and-last-mile connectivity, LTA has installed 120 bicycle racks at the ITH.
4. Bukit Panjang ITH will be managed by SMRT Buses Limited, which will introduce an interactive and open-concept passenger services counter where passengers can obtain information about the ITH and the bus services, as well as a traffic management system which detects bus movements from parking lots into the driveway. This will increase bus captains’ awareness of bus movements within the bus parking area, and in turn improve the safety of commuters at the ITH.
Bus Routes Adjustments
5. From 4 September 2017, the routing and stopping points for Services 176, 920, 922, 970, 972, 973, 975 and 979 will be adjusted as their operations shift from the existing Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park to the new Bukit Panjang ITH. On the other hand, Services 75, 184, and 700 will continue to operate from the existing Temporary Bus Park. In addition, the stopping points for bus services passing through Jelebu Road, i.e. Services 75, 171, 177, 180, 184, 960, 963, 963E, 963R, 971E and 983, will be adjusted to manage traffic flow. The changes include different stopping points, or the removal/addition of stopping points around Bukit Panjang Town Centre. For more details of the route changes, please refer to the respective posters attached.
6. Information on the extended, amended or relocated bus services will be available at all affected bus stops, bus interchanges, and on buses. It is also available online at LTA’s website https://www.lta.gov.sg, SMRT’s website https://www.smrt.com.sg, Tower Transit Singapore’s website towertransit.sg and their respective social media pages. Separately, commuters can also approach SMRT staff at Bukit Panjang ITH for assistance. Mailers will be distributed to affected households and residents, as well as at various community centres.