Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition 2018
to be held from 9 to 11 July
The Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition (SITCE) will once again bring together prominent urban land transport professionals and international experts from 9 – 11 July 2018 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore.
2. Themed ‘People at the Heart of Digital Railways’, SITCE 2018 will provide a platform for professionals and stakeholders to come together and discuss urban rail transport technologies, planning, systems and solutions.
3. Jointly organised by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and the International Association of Public Transport (UITP) and LTA’s subsidiary, MSI Global Pte Ltd, SITCE is established as the leading congress and exhibition on urban mobility for the Asian Pacific region. This year’s congress has attracted over 500 transport officials and professionals from more than 25 countries/regions. This year’s edition will also see the UITP International Rail Conference jointly held with SITCE for the first time in Asia.
4. SITCE 2018 will also be integrated with the World Cities Summit (WCS) and the congress and exhibition will be held in parallel to WCS. Over three days of plenary and parallel sessions, SITCE 2018 will explore various ways in which digitalisation can create opportunities for the rail industry to increase efficiency, as well as improve quality and commuter experience, through a more people-centric approach. For a full list of SITCE’s keynote speakers, please refer to Annex A.
5. Said LTA’s Chief Executive, Mr Ngien Hoon Ping: “The rail industry is experiencing widespread change as we see rapid advancements in technology for building new networks, as well as for upgrading and maintaining ageing infrastructure. With year-on-year growth in rail ridership, such as in Singapore, digitalisation will hold an important key to meeting the increasing demand for more reliable and efficient rail systems. Through the SITCE, stakeholders have a platform to come together to learn from each other on how we better shape our strategic, long-term planning, as well as maintenance for our land transport systems to help create better cities.”
6. “I’m delighted that UITP will once again be hosting SITCE with our event partners LTA. This year’s edition is very special as UITP’s International Rail Conference will be combining with SITCE for the very first time in Asia. We have a world-class programme and an array of international speakers who will inform the attendees about the latest rail sector developments. I very much look forward to addressing the audience during my welcome speech and I hope that those with a vested interest in the international rail sector will come to Singapore to join in the debate,” added UITP President, Mr Pere Calvet.
7. The congress will kick off with opening keynote speeches by distinguished speakers, Prof. Graham Currie, Professor of Public Transport at the Public Transport Research Group Monash University in Australia and Mr Stefan Stroh, Chief Digital Officer of Deustche Bahn from Germany. In addition, SITCE 2018 will feature more than 96 local and international exhibiting companies featuring technologies, solutions and services for the urban transport community. A joint LTA-UITP exhibit booth will also showcase the latest developments in the transportation scene in Singapore and globally.
8. To find out more, or register your interest, please visit www.sitce.org. This congress and exhibition was made possible with the support of our event sponsors. Please refer to Annex B for the list of sponsors.
About the Singapore Land Transport Authority (LTA)
9. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport, which spearheads land transport developments in Singapore. As the agency responsible for planning, designing, building and maintaining Singapore’s land transport infrastructure and systems, we aim to bring about a greener and more inclusive public transport system, complemented by convenient options to walk and cycle from their homes or to their destinations. We leverage technology to strengthen our rail and bus infrastructure and provide exciting options for future land transport. For more information, please visit the website at www.lta.gov.sg.
About the International Association of Public Transport (UITP)
10. The International Association of Public Transport (UITP) is a passionate champion of sustainable urban mobility and is the only worldwide network to bring together all public transport stakeholders and all sustainable transport modes. We have 1,500 member companies giving access to 18,000 contacts from 96 countries. Our members are public transport authorities and operators, policy decision-makers, research institutes and the public transport supply and service industry. Visit our website www.uitp.org. Follow us on Twitter: @UITPnews and @UITPpress
Annex A: List of SITCE’s keynote speakers
Annex B: List of sponsors