1. Residents in Tampines can look forward to more bus services and improved connectivity with the opening of the new Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange to increase the capacity of the bus interchanges. This bus interchange will begin operations on Sunday, 18 December 2016 and will complement the operations at the current Tampines Bus Interchange. The two bus interchanges will be connected via a 250-metre barrier-free sheltered walkway.
2. Equipped fully with barrier-free facilities, the Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange will have a dedicated boarding point and graduated kerb edges to facilitate boarding of passengers in wheelchair.
3. The design of the concourse area has also been enhanced to feature priority queues with seats for the elderly and disabled. This is part of LTA's efforts to create a more inclusive and family friendly public transport system. To facilitate active mobility and first-and-last-mile connectivity, the bus interchange will also feature 40 bicycle lots for commuters who cycle there.
4. The Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange will be served by three bus services, i.e. existing Services 18 and 39, as well as new Service 129.
5. To enhance the overall connectivity for Tampines Town, the following changes to bus routes will be implemented in tandem with the opening of the new bus interchange on the same day.
Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange
New Service 129 between Tampines and Whampoa via Toa Payoh; and
Relocation of existing Services 18 and 39 from Tampines Bus Interchange to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange
Tampines Bus Interchange
New Service 127 between Tampines Central and Tampines Industrial Avenue 5 (loop); and
Amendment to existing Service 969 to ply Tampines Concourse en route to Tampines Bus Interchange
6. Information on the new, amended or relocated bus services will be available at the affected bus stops, interchanges, and on buses. Commuters can look out for more information on the Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange on LTA’s online and social media platforms:
SBS Transit’s online and social media platforms:
And SMRT’s online and social media platforms:
Annex: Posters for new, amended and relocated bus routes