1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded the last three civil contracts, C923 and C923A and C933, for the Downtown Line 3 (DTL3) project at a total value of S$563.35 million.
Scope of Contract
2. Contract 923 for the construction of Upper Changi station and associated tunnels has been awarded to Samsung C&T Corporation for a contract sum of S$256.98 million. The Upper Changi station will be located under Upper Changi Road East. It will serve the residents in the area and the future Singapore University of Technology and Design. The station will also serve as a Civil Defence shelter.
3. Samsung C&T Corporation has extensive experience in the construction of rail infrastructural projects in Singapore and Korea. They are currently involved in several construction projects such as Marina Coastal Expressway, the North South Line extension and the construction of DTL1 Telok Ayer station and tunnels. They had also earlier clinched the adjacent DTL3 contract for the construction of Expo station and its tunnels.
4. Contract 923A is for the construction of tunnels between Tampines East and Upper Changi Stations. It has been awarded to Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co. Ltd at S$91.13 million.
5. Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co. Ltd, a major civil engineering contractor from China, is currently involved in the construction of DTL2 Newton station and DTL1 Promenade station.
6. Contract 933 is for the construction of Bendemeer station and associated tunnels. It has been awarded to Penta-Ocean Construction Co., Ltd at S$215.24 million. The Bendemeer station will be built under Kallang Bahru Road and will serve commuters going to the commercial and industrial buildings in the area.
7. Penta-Ocean Construction Co., Ltd has extensive experience in construction of rail infrastructural projects in Singapore and Japan. They are currently involved in the construction of the Marina Coastal Expressway.
8. Construction of the two stations and tunnels will start next month and are targeted to complete in 2017.
About Downtown Line 3
The 21-km long DTL3 is the final stretch of the 42-km Downtown Line. It will enhance rail connectivity in the eastern corridors to the Central Business District (CBD) and developments in the Marina Bay area. Fully underground, DTL3 comprises 16 stations, including three interchange stations: MacPherson, Tampines and Expo. These interchange stations will link to the Circle Line (CCL) and the East West Line (EWL), providing greater accessibility and significantly improve travel time for commuters.
Annex 1 - Map of Contracts C923 and C933
Annex 2 - Map of DTL
Bendemeer is the final station name of the Jalan Besar station. Jalan Besar was the working name of the station.