The Summit between the United States of America and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea to be held in Singapore from 10 June to 14 June 2018 (“the Singapore Summit”), has been declared as an Enhanced Security Special Event by the Minister for Home Affairs under the Public Order Act.
2. The venues involved in the Singapore Summit, and the areas around them, have correspondingly been designated as Enhanced Security Special Event Areas from 10 June to 14 June 2018. The Police will be conducting road blocks and stringent security checks at and around the Enhanced Security Special Event Areas during this period. To ensure the security of the Singapore Summit, there will be some traffic disruptions around the event venues and along the motorcade movement routes.
3. We seek the understanding and cooperation of the public and motorists during this period.
Road closures and traffic arrangements
4. Motorists are advised that there could be traffic delays in roads surrounding the Special Event Areas, ie.: around St Regis Hotel - Tanglin Road, Tomlinson Road, Orchard Boulevard and Cuscaden Road from 9 June to 14 June; Shangri-la Hotel - Anderson Road and Orange Grove Road from 10 June to 14 June; Keppel Road, Telok Blangah Road and Sentosa Gateway from 12 June to 13 June, as the Summit will take place at the Capella Hotel. Motorists are advised to plan their journey early as traffic is expected to be slow moving.
5. In addition, entry of commercial vehicles (ie. vehicle registration plates starting with “G, W, X and Y”) into Anderson Road will be restricted. Commercial vehicles proceeding into Orange Grove Road are advised to use Ardmore Park via Draycott Drive or Draycott Park.
6. Please refer to Annex A for the full list of roads and lanes which will be closed to facilitate security arrangements for the event. Road signages will be put up along the roads affected ahead of the Summit to keep motorists informed. Information on road closures will also be communicated daily through fixed and portable Variable Message Signs (VMS) and LTA’s Traffic News on 938 Now, Capital 958, Warna 94.2, Oli 96.8 at regular intervals in the hour.
Affected bus services
7. The Land Transport Authority would like to seek motorists and bus commuters’ understanding as delays are expected along the affected routes. Two bus stops will be closed – outside The Regent Singapore along Tomlinson Road (BS 09191) and after Tomlinson Road along Tanglin Road (BS 09159). Public bus services plying along these roads will not be able to serve these two bus stops. Please refer to Annex B for details of the affected bus services. Members of the public are advised to plan their travel routes in advance.
Temporary delays and diversions due to motorcades
8. Motorists may also wish to note that from 10 June to 14 June, during movements of motorcades, there may be some temporary delays and diversions in traffic, in order to ensure the security of the motorcades. For security reasons, we will not be able to share details on the motorcade movements or routes at this point in time. However, we will remind motorists to expect delays via VMS and radio stations, about one hour before the actual movements.
9. We advise motorists to look and listen out for such alerts on these days, and also seek their patience and understanding. We will do our best to minimise the inconvenience caused.