1. To accommodate the growing bus fleet that will support higher service standards under the expanded Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) and the Government Contracting Model (GCM), the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be building a new bus depot off Boon Lay Way along Business Park Drive.
2. The developing and funding of these depots is part of the enhanced structural assistance that Government is providing the bus industry, as announced in Committee of Supply (COS) 2012. This helps lower the entry barriers to facilitate contestability in the bus industry, as bus parking and depots are key infrastructure for running bus services. Since 2012, two bus parks have been built to support BSEP and two bus depots are under construction.
3. The LTA is calling a tender today to invite contractors to submit their cost proposals to build the Ulu Pandan bus depot. The tendering process will allow the most cost-efficient contractor to win the rights to build the depot.
4. The Ulu Pandan bus depot is scheduled to be completed by 1st quarter 2018 and will accommodate about 500 buses. The depot will be equipped with facilities for daily bus operations, bus repair/ maintenance, bus parking, offices, rest area for bus drivers and canteen.
5. When completed, the bus depot will be handed over to the Public Transport Operators for outfitting and preparatory works before operations can commence.
Annex A: Location of Ulu Pandan Bus Depot
 Bus parks built since 2012 are the Upper Changi Road East Bus Park and Woodlands Bus Park, handed over to SBS Transit on 28 Jan 2013 and SMRT Buses on 21 Jan 2013 respectively.
 Bus depots under construction are the Bulim Bus Depot and Loyang Bus Depot.