1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is pleased to announce the completion of the installation of half height platform screen doors on all elevated stations on the East West Line.
2. Expo Station is the final station on the 49.2km line to be fitted with the platform screen doors.
3. To date, 26 out of the 36 elevated MRT stations island-wide have been fitted with the 1.6m high platform screen doors.
4. Mr Chua Chong Kheng, Group Director, Rail (Thomson and Existing Lines) said: "We are pleased to complete the installation of the half height platform screen doors on all the East West Line elevated stations on schedule, despite the challenges of working on operational stations. With the experience gained from the installation work at the completed stations, we will push ahead to complete the remaining 10 stations on the North South Line by June 2012."
Remaining stations on North South Line completed by June 2012
5. Pasir Ris, Jurong East and Yishun were the first three stations fitted with platform screen doors in 2009. Work has started on the remaining 10 (1) elevated stations on the North South Line and is on track to be completed progressively by June 2012.
6. The installation of the platform screen doors typically take four to six months at each MRT station as works can only be carried out during the non-operational hours between 1.30am and 4.00am. Furthermore, at any one time, only a limited number of stations are available for the installation of the platform screen doors. Nonetheless, the LTA and its contractors have worked closely with SMRT within these constraints to complete the installations as quickly as possible without compromising safety.
Admiralty, AngMoKio, Choa Chu Kang, Khatib, Kranji, Marsiling, Sembawang, Woodlands, Yew Tee and Yio Chu Kang