1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded to China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd (Singapore) the contract to construct Canberra station (NS12) on the North - South Line at a contract sum of $90 million.
2. Established in 1992, China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd (Singapore) is currently working on the construction of Downtown Line 3 Kaki Bukit and Geylang Bahru stations.
3. Canberra station will be the second MRT station in Singapore to be built on an existing rail line. Located between Sembawang and Yishun stations along Canberra Link, Canberra station will serve commuters living in nearby estates such as Sembawang Springs, as well as a mix of upcoming public and private residential developments in the neighbourhood.
4. When the station opens in 2019, residents will no longer have to take a bus to transfer to Sembawang or Yishun MRT stations. With this direct connection to the MRT network, residents travelling towards the city centre or Jurong East will enjoy time savings of up to 10 minutes.
5. The station will have five entrances linking it to the new housing estates across Canberra Link. An elevated link bridge built across Canberra Link will allow commuters to bypass the station’s concourse level to directly access the city-bound train platform.
Annex A: Location Map of Canberra Station
Annex B: Artist’s Impression of Canberra Station
 The first station is Dover Station on the East-West Line which opened in 2001.